Monday 29 January 2007

Well I never....

...So I have joined the world of Blogging.... I never thought this would happen, but do you know what, It has been a long time coming.

Does that mean I'm some kind of amateur writer? And can anyone write a book, blog etc...well as one writer said, "everyone has a story to tell, it's just depends on how you write it"

So ladies and gentlemen, come with me on my journey and I hope I write it well.


I will be 40 in a few months time, I'm a stay at home mummy, who now runs a cake making business, I have a 10 year old daughter and a 24 month old son. Yes quite a gap I know, but you see, I was a stay at home mummy before when my daughter was little and while there was richness in our lives because of all the quality time spent with her, there wasn't any richness where finances where concerned! My hubby is a medical doctor and has always worked away from home.... So while my daughter saw her dad every 2 weeks or so, I was adamant that she had one parent around her. But what's the use of having a miserable mummy around. Don't get me wrong, I wasn't that bad, but things seem to get quite depressing when money was low, which was most of the time.


Anyway, the gap between the kids is because I went back to work when my daughter was 3 years old, with all the trimmings such as snazzy company cars, travelling aboard for sales conferences (I've been to countries I would never have dreamt of getting to on my own steam), money to constantly buy clothes and shoes and bags and......most importantly food in the house!
I was not ready to go back to being near penniless again....until a whole sales team was made redundant, and I happened to be on that team, and I just happened to be 7 months pregnant with our second child!


You know what, maybe I needed the break - deadlines in our industry were getting pretty ridiculous, so I told myself it was a blessing in disguise! Back to being a stay at home mummy, hubby still works away from home and one year into being near penniless again, I decide to set up my cake making business. While my daughter was little, cos I loved baking so much I did a course at college on cake decorating, I dabbled into selling cakes then but I guess I didn't have the proper business skills and support. Well after nearly 5 years in sales , I should be alright yeah! Well this is were my story begins...... follow my struggles, my ups and downs and I will throw in quite a few testimonies along the way....did I mention to you that I'm a christian....roz

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hi Roz,
Should I say welcome to blogville?!?! I'm sure I'll definetely enjoy coming back to ur page time after time. I'm putting ur blog up on my blogroll ASAP.