Friday 2 February 2007

...I will be sad no more, at least I'll try

I started this blog firstly as a way of venting out my frustrations on daily living and trying to make ends meet, secondly for readers to come on a journey with me and see that being a stay@homeMummy and trying to run a business can work.

The day I started the blog, I heard the very sad news that the Mum of a little girl in my daughter's class had passed away, ending her fight with cancer. I was shocked, I knew the lady was ill and had been for a while but I didn't know it was cancer and then the fact that someone you knew - maybe not closely, but we did chat ever so often and our girls were always at each others birthday parties etc - was no longer here on earth. The lady has 3 girls, the eldest is about 20 yrs old and the youngest is 10 yrs old.

The kids are now without a mother... and the lady is no more!

It kinda shakes you up a bit when things aren't quite going your way and you are at war with the world because of it! No matter how much I might be struggling right now, and no matter how stressed I can get, if that lady could be in my position right now (a life, free of illness bar a couple of coughs & colds, being with my children 24-7) she would take it in an instant!


So, I have told myself to shake up, and know that I am blessed (I've known this for sometime, but you know how it is!) struggle through with a smile on my face, to be thankful for every little thing and big things too. Be hopeful always....


...and hopeful is what I am now, as I have managed to secure some very cushy advertising, there is launch of a programme on one of the SKY channels, that have asked me to donate a cake for their show and in return they will tell people how to get in contact with me and also have me in the credits at the end of the show. On the back of that, I contacted our local newspaper to ask if they wanted to cover a story on 'this very important cake' and they have agreed. So the cake is for next saturday (about 8 days from now) and the local newspaper want to come round on wednesday (about 5 days from now) and even though my husband had given me some money for the cake, I've gone and blown it on 1) helping a friend out who needed some extra money 2) party stuff and food for our 2 year old's birthday party in 2 days time!

In short I have no money for this 'fabulous' cake that is suppose to be ready soon!

Yes, I am hopeful......

Dear God, I pray the next part of my blog is another testimony.....Amen to that!

4 comments:

KemiMamaLopes said...

Hope all went well with the cake and you took loads of lovely pics to show us.

Fee said...

Hope you were able to make and I pray it brought loads of business for you.
I pray for the kids of the lady that the Lord comforts them like only he can.

Omara said...

You never told me you started blogging! Love, love, love...
I can totally relate to the no money bit but now I'm working, I'm desperate to stay bt home again. Welcome to blogsville, you know I'll be back again.

Roz said...

Ladies...

Thank you very much for visiting my blog and your comments.

I attented the ladies Funeral Church Service with my daughter and a few other girls in the same class as her last born. Initially the head-teacher did not want the girls to go, but a few of us mums were adamant that our daughters wanted to show their support for their friend, and anyway the service was in the church attached to the school. The head-teacher was worried that the girls will get back to class too upset. I tell you, when the service started it was us mums that couldn't hold the tears in.... But the church was packed, the family is surrounded by people who care, they are in God's hands......Remember, whatever you're going through, it really isn't that bad....