Wednesday 14 March 2007

...oh boy, I'm going to be on the telly!

Oh I may be excited alright but boy am I quivering in my boots! Remember in my earlier posts, I mentioned that I had been commissioned to do a cake (with a Valentines Day Theme) for a channel on SKY re: ...so I managed to do the cake! The deal was, I donated a cake for the show and they'll mention my company and have my details in the credits @ the end of the show.

Well it all kinda went pear shaped didn't it, I was a little upset but a least I was able to do something positive about it.

Well guess what, I got a call from one of the presenters, to say please could I come in and BE A GUEST on the show and also still bring in a cake for them to showcase! I'll be asked to tell my story about how and why I set up the company, and my journey so far......Amazing.

So why am I quivering in my boots.... PASSION TV the channel the programme is on, goes out to North and West Africa, the UK, Ireland and other parts of Europe, that's a lot of viewers, and wait for it..... it's going to be aired LIVE (no room for mistakes, or Ibon's as they say from my neck of the woods - grammatical errors to others!) As a woman you also think, oh boy! I've got nothing to wear, what about my make-up blah blah blah blah blah. But I know I really want to get up there and inspired other ladies to get out there and believe they can do it no matter what. Let's hope so.

I've decided not to think about it, and concentrate on the work at hand, I've got a business seminar to attend this week, and I have two cakes to get ready for Saturday plus all the other stuff like being a mummy and wife!

For all the UK SKY viewers, PASSION TV is channel 183. The programme is a morning talk show called ARIZE and will be aired on Saturday 17th March 9am - 11am.

Wish me luck...and if you don't get to see it, I'll keep you posted! (Literally)

5 comments:

Omara said...

I already sent you this in an email but I thought I'd post it here for all to read:

1. Wear black (it's skimming and you know the camera adds 10 pounds) and chunky jewellery.

2. Prepare a list of 10 questions you want the interviewer to ask YOU! Yes, you. This is because sometimes the presenter does not know a lot about who's coming on and end up asking generic questions. You know what you want to showcase so write the right questions.

3. On a sheet of paper, type or write in large print your business name, your name and website address and other contact details and give to to technical guys when you get there. They will use it to ensure your details are correct when they display it on TV during the interview instead of relying on hearing right when the presenter calls it out during the interview.

4. Be 100% clear from the presenter on how much time you actually have especially if there are other guests, so you are not cut off or rushed midway and you say the important stuff first.

KemiMamaLopes said...

Watching you as I type :) Mama oni Cake. Your face is so familiar and my DH is sure he knows you. In the flurry of orders you get, remember, remember the 28th of April :) Very well done

KemiMamaLopes said...

I think we have worked out the link. Do you know the Romeos?

Roz said...

Kemi hi, this is Mama oni Cake speaking...

Yes I know the Romeos very well, infact saw the wife just last week...it is a small world, can't wait to meet you. I will forward my details via Omara, and the date has been noted!

OMARA, thanks for all the advice, I went for the chunky earrings and necklace but it looked too much so just stuck to the earrings.... wrote down the info like you said and handed it in, but things didn't quite go to plan....

Will put it all down in a blog...it really was a lovely experince, all be it a bit nerve racking as well.

Anonymous said...

Oh no, it's a freaking shame i didn't see dis blog on time, i could've seen d it. And i usually watch d programme once in a while o.

Pls i wanna see more your cakes. Just wanna salivate over d thoughts.