Tuesday 3 April 2007

...wishing you all a very happy Easter





I'm only just recovering from a busy week... it's not so much the amount of work I had to do. It is more to do with the time I have to do it. As usual I had about 3 nights on the trot where I only had about 2/3 hours sleep at night! I'd work through the night, sleep around 4 or 5 am and get up 6.30am/7am. My little two year old will be going for 2 sessions a week now at his pre-school which he started two weeks ago... that means I'll have time during the day to work on my creations!

...so why was I up most nights? Well I had an adult cake-decorating workshop to run over the weekend, all the ladies (and one gentleman) loved their creations, I was showing them different cake decorating techniques and the theme was 'Easter'! ...before that I had 2 cakes for 2 different clients from two different continents.....
That's right, one beautiful princess cake for a beautiful blonde 6 year old... her mummy wanted the upright princess cake in baby pink and white....I was up ages doing the cake as my cake suppliers had sent me the wrong doll, so I had to find a way of using a different technique (the cake decorating doll I got had hair that was more red than blonde... I couldn't use it as the little girl I was doing the cake for is well known for her long curly blonde hair)
Then I had this other cake to make, which was going to America (remember I live on the outskirts of London)...It's my second cake to the States.....the first one got there in one piece, I'm praying this one does too, it's a bit more delicate and I was asked to make a cake based on this ladies PASSION for shoes! The lady has no idea this cake has been made for her yet, her sister's-in-law had to find a way of getting into her wardrobe and taking photos of the shoes they suspect she loves the most - hard choice with soooooooo many shoes around!

So I have included a photo of the shoes (and bag) that were photographed and the cake itself, which is on the right hand side of the blog titled 'the cake 2 the States'...what do you think!
Because we wanted to keep the cost of transporting the cake down, we had to do away with the bag... so what you see is a shoe daintly resting on a white cushion....everything you see is edible!

...we're all doing some serious praying that this cake gets there unscathed - will keep you posted!

Wishing you all a very Happy Easter.....go easy on the Easter Eggs!










7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Awwww....dat's sooo cute. Even though i'd love to see d close-up of d pic a bit more. Well done to u. But why didn't u design d white bit of d cake?

Anonymous said...

Pray it get's there in one piece. Pls let's know when it does.

Roz said...

Wienna thanks for the comments...

It is a pity that I couldn't get a real close up snap of the cake, as there is some intricate design on the cushion, which I did in white as I thought it gave it more of an authetic lace cushion effect. I kept the cushion white so that there was a stark contrast between the cushion and the shoe! This made the shoe stand out more....

Anonymous said...

Beautiful!!! My birthday is in August... let's start thinking of something really creative! Can't wait.

Nael C. Robes said...

Roz Thanks so much for your visits to my blog and your supportive comments. I am truly in awe of your cakes. I live a pretty simple life and I have never seen cakes like this before. It is incredible. If I know anyone who needs a really fancy cake, I will send them your way.

Anonymous said...

Any updates on whether d cake got to yankee alright?

Mrs Somebody said...

You really are creative I must say.That cake looks too lovely to be eaten.