Friday 13 April 2007

From the Heart.....

No I haven't gone all preachy preachy... this reading comes from daily 'thoughts for the day' I get via e-mail from our church, and it kinda spoke to me in a way, read on and you'll see why!

Remember those earlier days after you had received the light, when you stood your ground in a great contest in the face of suffering. Sometimes you were publicly exposed to insult and persecution; at other times you stood side by side with those who were so treated. You sympathized with those in prison and joyfully accepted the confiscation of your property, because you knew that you yourselves had better and lasting possessions. So do not throw away your confidence; it will be richly rewarded. (Hebrews 10:32-35)

The writer to the Hebrews reminds his readers of how they were when they first became Christians, standing up in the face of persecution, suffering, loosing their property & possessions all for the sake of Jesus.

I haven't lost property and no one has been persecuting me, but I do feel quite at a loss right now. Why, okay in previous posts I had said, ...I will be sad no more, at least I'll try but you know how we humans are. I got back from a lovely Easter break spent with family up North to find that our landline phone isn't working. Why, cos we have a hugh bill to pay and unfortunately due to lack of funds we hadn't be able to pay it. When I told my hubby about it, (remember he works quite a distance away from home so he stays there and we see him usually every 2 weeks) he said, well there is nothing we can do about it till the end of the month (pay day!) Hello.... I could be losing valuable business here! Seriously the last few months have been tough (...I know, we all say that) but I guess you get to a stage when you think, oh boy, I can't take anymore of this... I do have a mobile number on my website, but if I were a client, I'd rather ring the landline not the mobile...the message on the landline says "this number is out of service" what does that portray to clients! Will they even bother to try the mobile after that. In the Yellow Pages that I advertise in, only my landline was given!

You know I've come to a stage when sometimes I think, does prayer really help, cos right now, all my prayers and tears ain't doing jack! Business has been good but it's been sporadic! and when money has poured in, I've used it for bills that really needed to be sorted! So unfortunately, the money hasn't gone back into the business to help it grow. Having said that, I got a lovely thank you letter and text from the Mum of the little girl I made a beautiful Princess Doll for..... they loved everything about the cake and loads of people were asking for my business cards (I normally drop off business cards when I drop off a cake, for whatever reason, I didn't this time!)

I just feel sometimes that I try sooooo hard to make things happen, yet all these 'things' just happen to stop my progress! Yes my confidence has been knocked, and yes I know there are worst things that are happening to people out there - but hey, I'm only human, and I'm telling it as it is....from the heart!


p.s - the cake got to the States, but all mashed up! My friend still took it to the party and they ate it.... and loved the taste! at least that's something, but I'm now on Royal Mail's case!

7 comments:

Nael C. Robes said...

I am so sorry your cake got mashed. Do not lose heart. I often feel frustrated with our financial struggles. God doesn't need a land line to make your business flourish!

Anonymous said...

My dear, pls take heart and continue to rely on God jo, biko nne. D past few months have been kinda hard on me too especially with my job hunting. It just seems dis England just dey somehow sha these days. Can u imagine looking for an admin job like no man's business? We just have to continue to hold on to our trust in Him. All will be well soon.

Roz said...

Nael - I've left a message on your blog, you rock! Manther sounds like a real sweetie, she's got a fan over here. Thanks again for your encouraging words.

Wienna - Have you got a blog? you sound like a bundle of fun! I guess what you are going through ain't so funny now, but I pray things sort out beyond your wildest dreams! What about Agency work, at least it's like getting your foot in the door. Thanks for your encouraging words too.

Anonymous said...

Thanks,mama oni cake...i don't have a blog o. I'm just a waka pass reader in blogsville. Agencies r even worse, things have changed now, gone r d days when u walk into an agency and they test u there and then, take your details and get u a job within a few days. But now, agencies will tell u to email your CV to them and contact u for an appointment, and they don't contact u back, i mean which kain nonsense is dat? D one i managed to register with last month had my hopes up about a job dat's available at islington council, up till now, they haven't kept in touch with me. I've now resolved to sending my CV/covering letters around town o.
Thanks for d soothing words. We all have to support each other at dis stage o.

Roz said...

Wienna, i'm also wondering whether you should try some volunteer work at CAB Citizen Advice Bureau, there are many centres around. Look them up on their website (just google 'citizens advice bureau') they are desperate for volunteers, see if you can do a couple of days a week and still use the rest of job hunting, if you find somewhere near you, you won't have to spend too much money on transport. They need help in all areas.... as I said anything to make your CV more appealing! Good luck oh!

...you call me 'Mama oni cake' did you watch me on PASSION TV? that was the nickname the presenters gave me, and they still use it!

Anonymous said...

I didn't see u on Passion tv, unfortunately. By the time, i saw your blog and read about it, i was too late. I even left a comment on your post about it. It's shame really. Would've lov to see u.

Omara said...

Sweetie {{hugs}}. Like Nael says "God does not need a landline to grow your business". Focus on the positives for now and keep praying... change is coming!